We’ve outgrown our house, and we’ve been looking for a new one since May last year, without any luck. The real estate prices here in San Francisco are insane, but even if we were able to disregard the hefty price tags for a minute, we haven’t even been able to find a house we’d like to live in. With four picky people in the family, the house hunt is bound to take a long time.
The other factor that’s keeping us from finding our dream home is that we really love our current house. Yes, it’s small, but we’ve put our heart and soul into it, and it’s in the perfect location. If it could only be 25% bigger! And with that realization we’ve started to entertain the idea of remodeling our house, and adding the space and the features that we need.
Either way, there’s really only one thing I want this month: A new house.
Oh, and these things to go inside it.
• Updating the door handles can change the whole look of a home without breaking the bank. I’m planning on using these matte, black ones next time around.
• I’d love Steel doors and windows for the back of the house, to let lots of light in, and to let me pretend I live in a New York brownstone.
• Stainless steel kitchen cabinets, are durable, functional, beautiful and right at the top of my kitchen remodel wish list.
• Herring bone oak floors treated with white lye, the Scandinavian way – yes, please! In every room.
• The Knot Chair, from Nordmann Copenhagen, blends modern design and classic materials in just the right proportions. It would look gorgeous in a breakfast nook, or around our dining table.
• A natural oak kitchen island with a concrete counter top would warm up the kitchen nicely.
• A generous Axis sofa, from Crate & Barrel, seems like a great idea for the family room at the end of the day.